April 21, 2006

Survived Chuck E. Cheese

Well, I took LD to Chuck E. Cheese for the first time today -- I took a vacation day and LD and I got together with a college friend and her son, who's the same age as LD. I was a bit nervous because LD's never been there before, but he had a BLAST! Our friends had just gotten there when we arrived and they had a table all set. We ordered a large cheese pizza and drinks that came with 30 tokens and then split the tokens between the two of them.

LD rode this Chuck e Cheese car that takes a picture of the kid riding, which was pretty funny. I was cracking up when I saw the picture because he's looking so intently at the steering wheel.

There was skee ball (fun for me!!!) and LD enjoyed it as well -- he would just roll the ball up, and then I'd get it when it came back down and roll it for real.

The pizza when it came out was delish! How bizarre is that? I had no idea. LD was loving it and I had 3 slices (what a piglet!!! ). While we were eating lunch, a real-life (well, as "real-life" as a guy dressed up in a Chuck e cheese outfit can get) Chuck E. Cheese came out to see the kids. LD thought he was great and was waving to him and all excited. Surprised the heck out of me.

Then, after lunch, it was time for more skee ball and playing the games there. There was a train that went around and around when activated by a token. LD loved that one. Then, we played some game where you roll the token down and see where it lands up and you get corresponding .. of tickets from that. On the 4th try, we landed on 70 tickets, so LD got 70 more tickets. He was in heaven watching them all furl out. It was cute!

After that (about an hour and a half after we got there), figured it was time to head out and bring LD home for a nap. We cashed in his tickets and got a Chuck E. Cheese koosh ball and two things of smarties. Fun day. I'm still amazed.

I think I've created a monster though. He's already talking about wanting to go back soon.

No comments: