Should I just call this blog my very neglected blog? ;) Let's see how far I've gone with the 101 in 1001 days list, shall we? Makes for a very easy blog entry as well.
Now, here's that list. Reminder: The bolded ones are the ones I've now done.
Start Date: Thursday, August 14 2008
End Date: Thursday, May 12 2011
1. Sign up for guitar lessons and actually attend at least 5 (5/5) <-- Complete! I took the guitar lessons for about three months and then ended them because I didn't have any time for practicing.
2. Have 5 more articles published in a newspaper or magazine (3/5) <-- I've had a history of parenting article published; one on pediatric cancer, and one on baby showers.
3. Completely finish potty-training LD
4. Play hooky with my hubby
5. Have a date night out with Scott once every other month if not more
6. Go to Niagara Falls with Scott and LD <-- Complete: We went last week and had a blast!
7. Go to Newfoundland with Scott and LD
8. Take LD to StoryLand <- Complete: We went with Scott's family in June
9. Get away for a weekend with Scott
10. Have a getaway weekend with my college chicas <- Actually starting to think about this more and e-mailed around to the girls about it.
11. Replace our front door and casing/frame
12. Take LD to a Red Sox game
13. Take LD on a swan boat ride in Boston <- This is close to being done. I'm the chaperone for a Boston Duck Tours field trip with Adam at the end of next month.
14. Work out 4 times a week each week
15. Paint the porch <- Halfway done. The tops of the porch are painted. Now we just need to paint the actual sides and the floor of the porch.
16. Paint (and/or replace) the window ledges <- Complete.
17. Paint the kitchen entryway mini-porch <- Halfway done. Also need to paint the actual steps of this.
18. Go on Scott's parents' boat every summer (1/3)
19. Take LD to the Ben & Jerry's museum/store
20. Go to a movie with LD and stay through the whole thing
21. Organize our photos into actual albums <- Complete
22. Take LD to Roger Williams Park/Zoo
23. Write at least two opening chapters of my novel (0/2)
24. Write summary of plot for novel
25. Submit summary and two chapters to literary agents
26. Continue to go to the Festival of Trees each year (0/3)
27. Clean out the guest room upstairs <- Well, this was completed and now more stuff is in it. LOL
28. Have a girls' night out dinner/event with my buds at least once every other month, if not more
29. Attend 15-year college reunion <-- Complete and had a great time!
30. Bake holiday cookies with LD from scratch (1/3)
31. Host or attend a toy party with friends
32. Host or attend a make your own purse party with friends
33. Finally use that crock pot I bought
34. Drink Vernor's ginger ale again <-- Dad brought some back from Buffalo with him when he and Mom went out there for Uncle Mike's funeral. :(
35. Find and re-taste Bottle Caps candy <-- Thanks to Sassy for that gift. :)
36. Have professional family picture taken of me, Scott and LD
37. Have professional family picture taken of me, Scott, LD and my side of the family
38. Have professional family picture taken of me, Scott, LD and Scott's side of the family
39. Take a cooking class
40. Have a spa day
41. Throw baby shower for my sister -- and see if there's any way she'll be surprised <-- Complete "no" on the being surprised part, but it was still fun. LOL
42. Have neighbors over for dinner
43. Get a professional pedicure
44. Use gc Scott gave me for manicure
45. Get another massage <- Complete, and signed up for a membership there.
46. Host a party with friends and/or family
47. Host game night
48. Reconnect with at least three old friends (3/3) <-- Reconnected with two old work friends that I hadn't talked to since my AWL days; and a girlfriend from my elementary school days that I haven't talked to since 5th grade (have to love Facebook for all of those reconnections).
49. Finally donate those clothes in bags in the back of my car to Goodwill
50. Explore if going back to school is a good idea for my career
51. Host a play date for LD and his friends
52. Stop putting off that dentist appointment and actually go
53. Purchase and use re-usable grocery bags
54. Update my blog at least once a week <-- HAH! Well, didn't update it in 8 months. LOL
55. Start contributing to my savings account again
56. Up the part I'm contributing to my 401K
57. Take a kick-boxing class
58. Finish reading the Twilight series (4/4)
59. Take my vitamins (6/1001)
60. Have Blake the dog professionally groomed and trimmed up <- This actually happened while we were in Niagara Falls, and Blake looks great!
61. Get Blake's lyme disease checked every year (1/4)
62. Take LD on a whale watch
63. Take LD on a boat cruise <- If the Maid of the Mist counts, then this is complete
64. Take LD mini-golfing <- Went to a mini-golf place in West Yarmouth (blanking on the name) and he had a fantastic time
65. Attend another book reading at my alma mater
66. Help LD see that getting his hair cut isn't a torture
67. Attend a book signing of an author I like
68. Go to the movies at least once every other month
69. Start and finish reading Ender's Game
70. Pick up the graphic novel version of Ender's Game when it comes out October of 2008
71. Watch Terms of Endearment <- Might actually do this tonight.
72. Stock up on many, many tissues before watching Terms of Endearment
73. Stop buying books completely and strictly use the library
74. Map out a solid plan for visiting Ireland one day
75. Map out a plan for taking LD to Disneyland (if that's the one in Florida)
76. Watch Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil, which I own, but have never even opened
77. Take a voice-over class <-- took this in October of 2008 and found out how expensive it is to start doing voice overs. Oy.
78. Buy curtains for bedroom that are all the same
79. Re-paint the guest room
80. Re-do kitchen floor
81. Bake a cake from scratch
82. Take a wine tasting class -- This was actually fulfilled by the wine tasting party below, thanks to the lovely Sassy and her wine tasting party kit.
83. Throw a wine tasting party <-- had one 9/19/08 and it rocked. :)
84. Clean/organize the upstairs closet
85. Clean/organize the upstairs armoire
86. Clean/organize Scott's closet
87. Have that gigantic tree in the backyard removed before it falls on a neighbor's house -- changing this to the ones from the front yard because they're the ones that shed branches/limbs during the ice storm!
88. Fully rake the leaves from the backyard each year (1/3)
89. Replace the Brita faucet in the kitchen
90. Plant annuals/perennials each year (2/4)
91. Either fix the swing set in our back yard or remove it
92. Get Scott's car horn fixed
93. Welcome new neighbors when our next door neighbor's house is purchased <-Complete. They're awesome and have a little dog, who is Blake's new best friend.
94. If they have kids, bring LD so he can meet them <- They don't have kids.
95. Go through books and sell/get rid of ones I'm just keeping around for no reason
96. Start using video camera to record birthday parties/holidays, etc.
97. Take a cake decorating class
98. Spend a vacation without checking work e-mail once <- This is still in the works. LOL
99. Buy a laptop <-- Scratching this off the list since I now have a laptop through work. Replacing this with the below:
NEW 99. Sign up for and take ballroom dance classes <-- signed up and had intro class April 7, 2009. Had first real lesson April 13, 2009.
100. Take LD to Mystic Aquarium when it's not 99 degrees outside
101. Get swimming lessons for LD